Friday, November 19, 2010

Lighting

The lighting in New Vegas is a total BITCH to get use to. Which is good for the feel of the game. But it makes navigating, looting etc harder than it should be. Both the Pipboy light and the Cateye just don't do enough. Turning the brightness all the way up works the best, but that ruins the feel of the game a little bit. Since the buildings that are in total disrepair should have no/little lighting. And if you give them full light, it kinda pulls out the immersion. What I'd really like to see is a flash light put into the game. They have binoculars, so why not add a flash light? It could run off ammo or fusion batteries (The latter should make it last "forever" but I'm not 100% sure on that. It could be a good thing either way). It could also become a weapon mod for some of the guns. The 10mm pistol could take a tactical light or a tactical laser. The 10mm SMG could take a tac light as well. The Assault carbine probably could as well. Even the shotguns (hunting shotgun and riot at least) would do well with these. And you'd turn the tac light on or off by having the weapon equipped and turning the pipboy light on and off. This would make looting dark buildings a bit easier, without ruining their destroyed feel. It would make you easier to find but it could also lower the accuracy (or blind, if you will) any close up enemies who are being pointed at. I'd love to see this added in the next DLC. Or just added on for free (maybe even a quest to make one) because they're cool like that. Yes, I'm very hopeful on this matter. If I had the PC version, I'd take the time to learn how to create my own model and working item for this. But seeing as how I have the 360 version, this is an issue that's out of my reach.

A matter I'm not as hopeful on is adding some new guns I was sad to see aren't in the game.(the wiki is very helpful with this. one missing gun is a full auto shotgun. But I won't talk about that here seeing as how I already have). I wanted to see the G3/Assault rifle from Fallout 3 placed into the game. Since it makes sense to have it somewhere. Seeing as how it was made of to be a stockpiled weapon from before the war. (It would deal around the same damage as the Service rifle, have a slower rate of fire than the Assault Carbine, but have a better accuracy and more recoil). I also wanted to see the Chinese assault rifle. Or better yet a Russian Assault rifle. Which would be found somewhere where some Russian soldiers had infiltrated America (my guess would be looking for Area 51. Maybe to steal military secrets, maybe to destroy it) but had died from the bombs falling. I'd like it if the rifle used 7.62x39mm (and looked more like the AK74 (maybe even AKs74u?) but using the 5.56mm would still be "okay" since it's a cool gun. It would have better range and durability than the Chinese counterpart and have a 30 round magazine. I understand why the Chinese assault rifle wasn't put into the game (my thinking is that they didn't want the Chinese to have landed in America on both coasts) but it still really should have been put into the game. It makes sense that both sides would have tried to keep the other side from launching their nuclear missiles (and bombers) for when they launched theirs. M.A.D. stops "working" when the other side can't destroy you as well as you can destroy it.

I'd also like 40mm buckshot rounds to be added (yes, they area a real round. That's a hell of a lot of buckshot) as well as a 12.7mm assault rifle. Because the 12.7mm round is just that cool. It needs more than a crappy SMG (crappy by ROF and accuracy standards at least) and an awesome pistol.

No comments:

Post a Comment