Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New Vegas fun

So I've been playing a lot of new vegas. A lot. I'm on my 3rd playthrough (1st is as I would in real life. 2nd is do everything I can (doing it for the NCR this time) and 3rd is doing everything for Legion/Khans. 4th will be yes man.) and I'm still having fun. This time around I've built my character around melee and unarmed. It adds a lot of fun to the game, I'm not going to lie. I still use guns quite a bit, but being able to just punch something to death is awesome! my next playthrough is going to be explosives. Hello grenade rifle :D

Anyway, I got a laser sight for my 10mm pistol. I preordered through Gamestop so I got the Vault 13 pack (that came with a Weathered 10mm pistol). I've noticed that you can't put weapon mods on "special" weapons. So you can make your Sniper Rifle have less weight, but that rare Gobi (I think that's what its name is. It was on my last playthrough) campaign sniper rifle can't "take" it. This is kinda annoying because I'd like to take the weapons that are already better than normal ones, and make them "1337." Well I figured it was worth a shot to try it on my Weathered 10mm. What's to lose right? If it doesn't work, I'll buy a different one, slap it on and lay it on my desk. Well, this happened. Photobucket

Yeah. When I'm "holding" the gun, I can only see my hand. As far as I know this is because there is no model for the gun with a laser sight, and they forgot to block it from taking that weapon mod. So the game freaks out and places that huge exclamation  mark over the weapon. Which makes sense because, as a debugger, I imagine it would be important to see where a model wasn't loading. And with something that large, it would be easy to find. Holstered the game didn't seem to care (in first person at least) but with it out, it did care. I could still shoot it, just not see it. And the gray of the mark made my view brighter (but blurry). I figured I'd just drop it. Doing this placed the warning over the floor, but there was nothing there. And there was nothing I could find to pick back up. This is the kinda error/glitch I'd expect in a game. Somewhere a person forgot to block the laser sight for that Preorder gift. A pretty simple mistake. The mass of freezing and lagging, is a bit less forgivable. I don't like when a game forces you to save often because it's not stable rather than because it's hard. Edit: Damn, this was already known. Well, it's already in the fallout wiki at least. I hope that means this will be fixed. I really want to put a laser sight and extend the mags on my preorder gift. Make it something I might use

No comments:

Post a Comment